Published on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 22:40
Written by Super User
What does Community Care Systems Adult Day service offer?
- Handicap accessible transportation to and from the facility
- Health monitoring provided by licensed nurses
- Personal care including incontinence care, showers, and weekly beauty shop
- Nutritional meal and snacks
- Socialization and activities such as exercise, bingo, dominoes, puzzles, ring toss, reading, music, and more.
Who would benefit from this program?
- Caregivers who need a safe, supervised place for their loved ones during the day.
- Any senior that is looking for a place to participate in social activities, receive basic health monitoring, a meal, and personal care assistance.
What is a typical day like?
- While we try to customize our program to meet the needs and abilities of our clients, a typical day includes coffee and socialization time during the morning and afternoonalong with a variety of programs, activities, and exercise. We provide a nutritious lunch, accommodating special diets, and snacks. Occasional outings are planned as well. Please see our calendar or newsletter for more information.
Can we change days of attendance if needed?
- Yes, we are flexible. Generally, the days of attendance are discussed at the time of the initial assessment but this may be changed to suit your needs. We would appreciate advanced notice for scheduling changes to be sure that we have appropriate staffing.
Do I have to come every day?
- No. Some do come daily but many others come a couple days a week. Some come for the whole day and some just for a couple hours. It all depends on your need.
How do I know if this is the right choice?
- Our experienced staff would be happy to meet with you either here or at home to discuss your needs and make recommendations for you. We also offer a free half day to try the service with no commitments.
I feel a little guilty about considering the adult day program. Should I?
- We have found that loved ones are happier, healthier, and enjoy life more after participating in our program. Adult Day Service gives your loved one a chance to make new friends, try different activities and feel a sense of purpose. It also gives them something to look forward to. It also provides you with a much needed break to refresh yourself. We would be happy to provide contact information if you would like to speak with a current participant and their family.
What are the hours of operation?
- We are open from 7:00a.m to 5:30p.m. Monday through Friday.
What does your staffing consist of?
- We have a registered nurse, a licensed practical nurse, certified nurse aides, activity director, and a van driver in addition to the director. All staff must complete additional training yearly.
How much does this service cost? Is there any funding available?
- The hourly rate is $11 per hour. We also offer half day service (5hours) at $50 and full day service (5+ hours) at $70. Meals are included in the half and full day rates. Transportation is $8.50 each trip and is provided for all of Adams County and parts of Hancock County.
- Funding is available through the Illinois Department on Aging, Department of Rehabilitation, and Veteran’s Affairs. Some long term care insurance policies will cover adult day service. We are unable to bill them directly but will give you any necessary paperwork you need to get reimbursed.
How do I get started?
- You may reach us at 217-592-3757 to get answers to your questions or to arrange a meeting and tour of our facility.